Can this or will this end the clay bar - the NanoSkin AutoScrub

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detailersdomain, Apr 17, 2012.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

NANOSKIN Autoscrub 6 inch Pad - Better and Faster than Claying

[​IMG]

Wow is all I can say about this new tool and new technology. I believe this will change the way most pro detailers and DIYers will prep their cars. This is truly a time saver and will pay for itself after a couple detail jobs. We have spent in some cases 1-2 hours claying and prepping a midsize sedan (in rough shape) we recently tested the AutoScrub on an Audi S8 and we were finished in about 15 minutes! You really won't believe this until you try it yourself. The AutoScrub will make you leave your clay bar behind.

NANOSKIN AutoScrub works fast and achieves professional results with the new advanced rubber polymer technology, which replaces the use of clay bars.

A dual action orbital polisher is required. AutoScrub will safely and easily removes paint over spray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic.

AutoScrub works great with your favorite detail spray or clay lubricant. Unlike the clay bar, the AutoScrub can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water. If you drop the AutoScrub on the ground, no worries, just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it.

AutoScrub allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant reshaping is required.

Features
    - Lasts up to 4 times longer than clay bars
    - Glides on & off easily for a slick finish
    - If inadvertently dropped on shop floor, simply rinse clean
    - Up to 50-60 uses before you need to replace it

Directions
    1. Thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand, and dirt.
    2. Mist sufficient detail spray or clay lubricant onto the surface evenly.
    3. Polish the surface with dual action orbital polisher using light pressure (Low Speed).
    4. Wipe off residue and move on to compound and polishing or even go straight to your last step.

Important tips:
    - Sufficient lubrication is crucial to the AUTOSCRUB application.
    - DO NOT use water
    - DO NOT use with rotary polisher.

Take a look at the 3 offers we have. Pre Order Pricing is in effect, we should have the first wave by Friday.

[​IMG]

NanoSkin AutoScrub 3 inch Kit

NanoSkin AutoScrub 6 inch Kit
    Nano Skin AutoScrub 6 Inch Pad

Various photos of how the pad looks and works

3 inch pad kit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 inch pad on the Griots on an Uber 5 inch backing plate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DFG_magic likes this.
  2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I would like a video of this. Sounds too good to be true...and most things that sounds like that, are. :\

3. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Jeez this is up 4 hours after I received my last order, there goes my cash again.

Three questions Phil:
    1. What speed is this worked at? 2?
    2. Does it cause marring on softer paints? I.E. is this more aggressive for a correction job or can is it be fine enough to be used on wash/waxes?
    3. How can you tell when it's reached the end of it's effective life-span?

4. detailersdomain

LOL we have put this into action in the shop and its what it is. I agree it sounds to good to be true but its true.

We have not used a clay bar for the last 10 jobs. We have cut or time by a min of 30 minutes, I would not bring a product in to the shop if it didn't work ; )

5. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

At the price, I'm hesitant. I guess I'll wait until a few people test it out and post their videos of it. :p then I might make the move. Besides, I still have 8 boxes of Riccardo clay to get through before I make the switch (if I make the switch :lol:)

6. detailersdomain

Three questions Phil:
    1. What speed is this worked at? 2?
    I used it on speed 1 on the Griots

2. Does it cause marring on softer paints? I.E. is this more aggressive for a correction job or can is it be fine enough to be used on wash/waxes?
    yes it will mar paint just like clay bar no pressure is needed on the pc just the weight of the machine on speed 1, tons of clay bar lube will ease up the marring.
    marring occurred on the first car we did only because I used too much pressure and too little product.

3. How can you tell when it's reached the end of it's effective life-span?
    I haven't gotten there yet but I believe if you bump into trim etc just like a pad it can reduce the life of it. after 10 plus cars I can see the wearing at all.
    I'll have another 5 cars on it by Sunday.

7. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

You have to "Break it in" first or it will be like sanding the car, Kevin Brown used mine on a hammered Altima with overspray @ my shop................and it was gone....................... soft paint proceed with caution though.

8. detailersdomain

what do you mean by Break it In?

9. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Looks really interesting but I've got a year or two worth of clay for other folks to get the technique perfected ;)

10. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Very interesting.

11. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Can you use that thing with a XC3401 or is that not considered a dual action?

12. detailersdomain

I will have to give the flex a go with it. but I know it will work on the PC and Griots.

13. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

can't hurt to give it a shot....I hate claying. everything about it. Probably be ordering one phil, I was actually going to order from another source and you happened to pick this up just in time.

14. detailersdomain

that would be great.

15. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

It's a dual action but I don't think the lowest speed is the same as the griots on the lowest speed. I wonder this too but I have both machines.

I have 2 boxes of riccardo that I might sell to help pay for this :D

16. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

My question is, what is it? What does the pad look like? Have any pics of it not in the packaging?

17. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

X2 - really interested!

18. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Would the 6 inch work with my 5 inch BP?

19. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

20. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

Looks like a foam pad with a square grid pattern that I am assuming is some sort of porous rubber from the picture. Or it could be foam. Phil, which clay lube do you use with this at the shop? The Adams?