My Homemade/Repurposed Detailing cart

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Jaymz, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Jaymz

Jaymz Virgin Detailer

Thought I'd post up some pics of a detailing supplies cart I just put together. The reason I did this little project is because when I'm working on a vehicle, I'm always setting pads or products or buffing towels all over the garage (or on the vehicle itself), and then when I need them again, I had to hunt all over to track them down. I found I was doing a lot of tiring and time-wasting walking around looking for my supplies.

So, I bought a used parts cart ($30) and some towel bars, threaded rod and misc. hardware from a big box store and put together this detailing cart. It wasn't meant to hold all my stuff, just the things I use frequently: My D/A buffer, favorite compounds, polishes, LSPs, pads, spray bottles and so forth. Didn't take long to assemble and so far, it's fulfilling it's purpose. Will make additional improvements as needed.

Jim
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stokdgs likes this.
  2. 09e93blu

09e93blu Virgin Detailer

Excellent job. I like how you used a huge u-bolt to suspend the polisher.

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Looks good :)

4. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

very neat, excellent use of materials

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I think thats my next move is a cart, I am too paranoid to use a metal onearound cars, so ill spring for a 90.00 polymer cart at sears.

6. Runge

Runge New Member

grrr... wish my garage was big enough for a cart :(