Review: Prima Infinity Trim & Tire Cream

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by boredstudent3, Nov 8, 2013.

1. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

To me, the Prima brand is sometimes overlooked and not given enough credit or attention.

They were listed in the DB Certified Manufacturers section, prior to the forum update. A lot of good products in their line up. I own several other items from them.

I've had this for a while now, and just haven't gotten around to using it. I'm not the type of person who likes to open up several different products and then have them sitting on the shelf partly used. I like to use up what I have and then move on or try new items. This is also the reasoning I don't have enormous amounts of money tied up in products and detailing gear. =)

Whenever I dress tires, I ALWAYS go for a matte finish or VERY VERY SUBTLE sheen. I personally dislike glossy and greasy tires.

Similarly, I don't like spray on tire dressings either, b/c of overspray during application (yes I'm aware that you can spray the product onto an applicator and then apply) and they're always on the glossy side.

Hence I prefer the cream or gel type dressings and use a foam applicator.

Unfortunately, the Winter seasoning is approaching in Toronto Canada, and I needed to dress my winter tires prior to installation, so I thought it would be a good time to do a product review. Here are some pictures and comments along the way (the first few pictures are in my basement as it was nighttime, and the others at the end are when I took the tire outside):

2 Undressed Winter Tires (inside basement):

[​IMG]

One Dressed and The Other Not (inside basement):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dressed Tire Laying Flat On The Floor

[​IMG]

Dressed Tire Propped Up By A Case of Water

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another Close Up

[​IMG]

Dressed Tire (outside):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pictures taken in the basement are right after application. The pictures taken outside, are after drying overnight. I only applied 1 coat.

I like the product, a little goes a very long way and it spreads very easily. It has the final look that I want, a slight sheen. The other acceptable look that I like, would be a matte finish.

The product consistency is as the name implies, a cream. I used very little during application and this bottle will last a long time. It'll be a while before I have to consider buying more tire dressing. =)

This product will remain in my arsenal and will be a go to tire dressing for me. I already have another trim dressing product, so I will use this strictly for tires only.

I do not have durability results to elaborate on.

Happy Detailing.

Alex-

AAA AUTO SPA likes this.
  2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Nice review :)

boredstudent3 likes this.
  3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for sharing. The Prima Line has always been solid .

boredstudent3 likes this.
  4. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

np guys. =)