New S5 Corrected and Coated with Cquartz Finest by Greg Gellas Signature Detailing

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Greg Gellas, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Greg Gellas

Greg Gellas DB Pro Supporter

I was contacted by a client for an application of Cquartz Finest. With only 450 miles on the car, the client and I decided that a 1 step polishing and then the application of Finest would be perfect. Once the car showed up, after inspection, I knew a 1 step polishing wouldn't be enough to correct the damage this paint already had on it. After a test spot, the client agreed to go ahead and do a correction and then application of Finest.

I began with the wheels. Using Sonax FE and some Power clean I removed the dealer installer tire dressing, and got the entire barrels cleaned. I used wheel woolies, atlasta brush, and a tuff shine tire brush. While I was there, I cleaned the wheel wells using the power clean and a ez-detail brush.

[​IMG]

How bright the wheels are really shows after a good cleaning.

[​IMG]

I began with a full wash and decontamination. After I documented the damage, you can see from the damage I documented that a single polishing step would not have been enough to remove this amount of damage. Remember this car only has 450 miles on it, hence why we say that even new cars need correction. This damage wasn't just located in one spot, the entire car had swirls and RIDS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After my test spot I decided to go to an old friend. I began with M105 on a MF pad to level, I then followed up with M205 on a Rupes white pad. You can really see the correction I was able to get from these 50/50's.

[​IMG]

Some of this isn't just light swirling there are some deep RIDS in there.

[​IMG]

There was one large scuff on the fender well.

[​IMG]

With missing paint and not having touch up paint, I could only improve but not totally fix this.

[​IMG]

I then gave the car another bath to remove dust and oils. I followed that up with an eraser wipe down and then it got 2 coats of Cquartz Finest. Finest really does add a nice candy coated look to paint and the flake in the paint really pops now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always thanks for looking! Greg Gellas! :)

rwisejr likes this.
  2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Outstanding job Greg. That Blue really pops now.

Greg Gellas likes this.
  3. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Great work Greg! :giterdone:

Greg Gellas likes this.
  4. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

great work Greg! S5 looks tight!

Greg Gellas likes this.
  5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

How on earth does paint look like that after 450 miles?

Greg Gellas likes this.
  6. Runge

Runge New Member

+1 ..let me guess, dealer washed it before delievering to customer,.. I'm sure Audi wouldn't ship a car in that state from the factory.

7. GoFast908Z

GoFast908Z DB Pro Supporter

Nice job on the S5 Greg. Those 50/50's are CRISP!