Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by amz, Apr 2, 2014.

1. amz

amz New Member

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g13616-quik-interior-detailer%E2%84%A2/

I picked some up from Canadian Tire to do my spring interior detailing. It leaves a nice matte finish that's very clean and non-greasy to touch and looks great (although oddly enough, my dash is now very shiny only when I have my polarized sunglasses on.) Also very east to work with...just a MF cloth and away you go. What I can't stand is the smell...it's like a citrus bowl that's just a few days too old. I had to air the car out with all the windows down to get rid of it and even now (a few days later) I'm still airing out the car. What's worse is the smell clashes badly with their Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, and I really like the smell of their leather cleaner.

TL;DR: Good matte clean. Bad smell; clashes with their other products.

2. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

I tend not to buy much from crappy tire, although i did find Stoner's invisible glass there recently!

Thanks for the review, i had heard some good things about this product and now i'll steer clear ;)

3. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Megs QID is my fav interior product and I love the smell. Keep a bottle in all my DD's.

4. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

QID is awesome for easy wipedowns/dusting.

5. amz

amz New Member

I have some Sonax stuff on order...once its here I'll update this with a comparison between the two.

6. amz

amz New Member

I used the Sonax dashboard cleaner, much nicer smell, and a good matte finish. Although the smell didn't last too long, it did't clash horribly with the other products I used in the car either. As for cleaning power, I think the Meg's was much more effective. Even though I had just cleaned the dash a few weeks back with the Meg's, I had to go over it twice with the Sonax to get all the dust off, and it was not able to get some of the coffee stains out of my cup holders that the Meg's had no problem instantly dissolving. If you need cleaning power and don't mind a strong citrus smell, I recommend the Meg's QID. I'm debating trying the Adams Interior Detailer or 1z Cockpit next...

7. PRicci09

PRicci09 Virgin Detailer

If you like QID then definitely give 1z a try. Its similar, but a bit better in all aspects.

Cockpit is my by far my favorite dash cleaner. Works great, smells great and I love the sprayer it comes in.

8. amz

amz New Member

I had to put an order into Adams anyways, so I threw in some of their interior detailer. Let's see how it goes!