Rupes swirl finder pen light?

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by punk0208, Apr 11, 2014.

1. punk0208

punk0208 Virgin Detailer

I heard they start to selling the pen light.

Is it available? or do you have plan to sell this?

[​IMG]

2. Raw Detail

Raw Detail New Member

You know it's crazy money for a pen light right?

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I think $8 for a beer is crazy money...You are only renting it.

mrgolfrider likes this.
  4. Fenderpicks

Fenderpicks Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I actually trying to decide which swirl finder light to get.
    Either Rupes or Flex....
    Obviously the RUPES is hella expensive....

Strangely, there isn't much of review for these lights and they have been out for a month or 2 now.

punk0208 likes this.
  5. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

Meticulous-Detail and punk0208 like this.
  6. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I have a rupes pen light. It's a really nice light and it works really good. The light color captures swirls on lighter colors better than my TK35 and TK40. If you don't have a torch, I highly recommended it because it works really good and it's really lightweight. It's extremely well built and the build quality is equal or better than the fenix torches. It only uses one AAA battery.

Socal Brian and punk0208 like this.
  7. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

There have to cheaper options, I get the feeling the "Rupes" badge adds to the price.

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I'm going post a picture that shows the light color difference. The rupes light has a warmer color compared to other torches. It mimics natural light a little bit better than the bluish lights.

Socal Brian and punk0208 like this.
  9. punk0208

punk0208 Virgin Detailer

thanks for all reply . I'll keep check it. currently I have fenix tk35, after I watched ammo nyc wet sanding job on youtube, I'm look into it.looks working really well.

10. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Haven't had a chance to take the pictures, but I promise to post them up by Saturday.

punk0208 likes this.
  11. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

Again, this is an improved led. The TK35 and 40 are using outdated diodes. The Xml-2 has a way better color temp accuracy. It's probably one of the whitest, purest color lights I have yet to see and about realistically 10x the amount of lumens output of the rupes. Most high power torches use garbage xml's that have awful color temps, assuming some even use xml's for high power applications.

http://www.lt-box.co...50-battery.html

You guys need to look for lights that have certain diodes, not all leds are the same.

Meticulous-Detail likes this.
  12. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Interesting findings.

13. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Does the UF V10-7 Super Bright Unique Fire light work well in all types of lighting situations? How about dark vs light colored vehicles? Thanx

14. JaredG

JaredG New Member

I use a Rupes pen light, it works great. Prefer it over the others we have.

15. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Just picked one of these up as my Brinkman died and its the 2nd to die in just over the 1 year mark.

I hope the Rupes stands up a little better. It is more expensive but my brinkman craped out in the middle of a correction and it was a PITA. Spoke to DD via email and the Rupes was suggested.

I have never been disappointed by a product suggested by Phil and his team. Who better to ask than a guy with access to everything and does "detailing" at the very pinnacle of the craft. Saying Phil and his teram are detailers, is like saying Picasso was a painter! If you think I a exaggerating, have him do your car............

16. mikek82890

mikek82890 New Member

just picked this up from dd. the cost may seem crazy for some thing so little. but in sunlight or dark, light or dark colored vehicle this little light is amazing. ive tried a ton of led lights halogen lights everything. lol (or at least it seems like every cheaper alternative) this thing out performs and even has a focus point on the lens if you want a wide area or more focused are of light pretty cool.

GDAL likes this.