2013 BMW 335i M-Sport Correction/Opti-Coat

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Anthony Onorato, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This vehicle was fairly straight-forward. Typical defects. The car is taken care of very well by the owner, but anyone in the Northeast knows how brutal this past winter was. After assessing, we decided to go with a two-step correction and finish off with Opti-Coat for permanent protection. This is the first time the owner ever had a car coated, and was a little hesitant, but I think he will be very happy with it over time.

I used me Rupes LHR15E for almost the whole vehicle, using Kevin Brown's method with M205 for my initial cutting on a meguiar's MF disc, followed by OPT Hyper Polish on a tangerine hydrotech to amp up the gloss, as well as prepare the surface to be coated. I followed up with an eraser wipedown to ensure any excess oils were removed, then I coated. The wheels were coated as well.

To start off, here's a little demo of Iron-X I used on the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeYGzWQ7_r0

Anyway, here is how the car sat as I arrived.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The damage didn't look TOO bad due to the flake in the paint, but the paint lacked depth and clarity due to this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the dreaded BMW brakedust

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Brinkmann Xenon light showed the cars true condition after the wash and decon

[​IMG]

Much better

[​IMG]

A little 50/50 action

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see all the clarity that was brought back to the paint

[​IMG]

Typical B-Pillar damage

[​IMG]

Not PERFECT, but I refuse to chase too deep on these, they are soft and dangerous.

[​IMG]

All finished

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The owner was thrilled with the turn-around. Some deeper issues remained, but it wasn't in the budget, nor was it worth wetsanding these small issues.

Thanks for looking!

Anthony Onorato

mrgolfrider likes this.
  2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Really nice work. Awesome flake pop!