2003 Corvette--Paint Correction/Opti-Coat Pro--Status Auto Detailing, Springfield, Mo

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by statusautodetailing, Apr 30, 2014.

1. statusautodetailing

statusautodetailing Virgin Detailer

Here's a beautiful Corvette that I corrected. Following the correction I applied Opti-Coat pro to preserve my work and the paint, long term.

This Vette was a major job, taking 15+ hours to bring the exterior back to life. I absolutely love taking slightly older cars like this to a whole new level that people don't expect. It's not every day that you see a 10+ year old car looking so glossy.

Notable products used:

M105/D300 Mix (I LOVE this combo) Slightly longer working time, less dusting and almost no sacrifice of cut.

Meg's MF cutting pads 3"-5"

M205 via LC Flat white pad

[​IMG]

This LS1 was in a sad state. . .[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were some serious issues on the front end (I think from a cat jumping on the hood), and some idiot burned the edges of the badge in the past.
    [​IMG]

100% correction was not possible, but in person, the leftover defects were hardly noticeable and I was very happy with the outcome. I considered a 3000 damp sand, but opted not to in order to preserve the life of the paint.
    [​IMG]

In all honesty, the wheels could have used more work. I performed a light polish to restore the shine, but left most swirls and defects. Again, in person, they looked acceptable. Wheel perfection just wasn't in the budget on this one. Still, myself and the owner were more than happy. They were laser clean and shiny all the way through.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

punk0208 likes this.
  2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

3. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

great job!

4. statusautodetailing

statusautodetailing Virgin Detailer

Thanks guys! The new Stingrays are cool, but there is something about the simple lines of these older vettes that I really like.

5. Phenomvw

Phenomvw New Member

Great work on saving the vette! I

6. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

I agree with what you said about bringing an older car back to life. Reminds people why they fell in love with it in the first place and also helps us envision what the car looked like when it was first driven off the lot (minus the dealer prep). Great job and thanks for posting!

7. tigerwash

tigerwash New Member

nice job!