pin specks in clearcoat?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by etyonne, Aug 16, 2014.

1. etyonne

etyonne New Member

Hi all,
    I'm happy to be a total noob joining the forum. I've been detailing my "new" (used) car for about a year now, and when I bought it, it took me almost 3 days to clay bar it because the prior owner looks like he never washed it. White car, the paint was total chalk. Now it is mostly back to gloss and is quite shiny, but I've noticed that there are little specks in the clearcoat that seem to cover the whole car. None of them seem to be wider than 1mm, but it's really starting to irk me. Does anyone happen to know what it is or what I can do about it? I do know the prior owner had the car in Ohio, then in Cali for a while. I was thinking it might be ocean salt or acid rain damage, but I really have no idea. It's kind of hard to see, I had to take the photo in the garage with my phone. Any ideas?
    [​IMG]

The dots are the grey dots to the right of the black trim, you can kind of make them out, they look like errors in the photo, but they are on the car, actually all over.
    Thanks!

2. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

what have you done to try to get rid of them?. Clarbar, Iron-out, paint cleaner?.

3. etyonne

etyonne New Member

Hi kyle, thanks for replying. I
    0) wash
    1) clay bar'ed
    2) iron x
    3) meguair's ultimate compound
    4) wash/wax
    5) had a detailer polish and polycoat it
    6) wax

spots still there, more visible now the car is shiny.