2004 330i ZHP

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by BigDreZ28, Aug 18, 2014.

1. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

I had no idea what a zhp was, until I posted a photo on my business FB page and a friend commented.

[​IMG]
    2004 330i.
    This is the 4th car back to back this client has brought me back to back.

[​IMG]
    36k on the clock.

[​IMG]
    Goal was for a thorough decon and interior detail. Interior wasn't bad so no need to post those photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The whole car was covered in thick old bird and tree droppings like you see here, in addition to a lot of iron fallout. Considerable time was needed to strip the surface clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Engine bay required several hours of graft to restore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The whole engine bay was covered in yellow foam dust, as if something had disintegrated...or possibly sucked through the fan and chopped up like a blender. Didn't look like pollen and my terrible allergies never flared.

[​IMG]
    I started by cleaning out the cabin air filter tray and ensuring the water drains were unclogged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Clear film is in need of replacement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cleaned and dressed to factory style finish. No excess gloss or greasy texture. 303 Aerospace.

[​IMG]
    Car was jacked at each corner to aid in the cleaning of wheels/tires/arches.

[​IMG]
    I ordered ironx paste and tried it on these stubborn wheels. It helped but still didn't give up every single speck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A 99 cent paint brush was soft and agile enough to clean all 4 of these crevices on the roof. Diluted APC was used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Foam bath while agitating crevices. CG Bug/Tar Wash, Stoner Tarminator, and Iron-x were used to help in the decon process.

[​IMG]
    Working on the tips.

[​IMG]
    Heavily neglected but they cleaned up nice.

[​IMG]
    Decent improvement.

[​IMG]
    A one stage polish was necessary to remove bird stains, and also helped bring back gloss to the paint work by removing light swirl marks/oxidation. I upgraded my mini polisher from the Griots Garage unit on the left to a much more powerful Rupes unit. This in conjuction with my bigger Rupes polisher made for an amazing combo.

[​IMG]
    While not budgeted for a full correction, the improvement was significant. Menzerna FG400 was used on a yellow Rupes pad. A test spot showed this combo removed bird stains and finished down nicely.

[​IMG]
    Trunklid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have a steep driveway so I brought out the ramps I made to ensure the car wouldn't scrape the front bumper going down.

[​IMG]
    Pinnacle Signature Series II wax.

[​IMG]
    Wolf's Rim Shield on the faces.

[​IMG]
    Carpro FlyBy30 after photo session.

[​IMG]
    Sonax Trim Restorer Gel.

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing.

kyle butler likes this.
  2. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great job!!! Looks like a crazy turnaround. And looks like a ton of work lol.

3. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

well done! great rescue. looking proper now

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Nice job!

5. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Great job, e46's are timeless especially with zhp

6. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Great work! That car need some serious help!

7. LC Autoworks

LC Autoworks New Member

Awesome job. I love E46s so much and so many are neglected at this point. Nice to see one turned around.