1968 Dodge Charger R/T

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Anthony Onorato, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I was contacted by Mike at Classic Auto in Middletown, NJ to correct this 1968 Charger, which happens to be one of my dream cars. Despite working around Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, nothing has gotten be quite as excited as getting to work on this vehicle. After seeing some of his restoration work, I was very excited to be working with someone of his caliber. Mike is the kind of guy that cuts no corners. He spent almost 8 years restoring this car.

The car itself is a 440 with a 727 trans. They bought it off ebay 8 years ago, and it was "96% restored"...which was a load of crap, as the car had to be 100% torn down and rebuilt. The car was painted two years ago, and had quite a bit of a mess from the body shop, not to mention people having their hands on it and wiping dust off for the past two years.

Now unfortunately, my write-up will not be very in-depth as I just did not have the time. I only had about 10 hours to correct this car as much as possible. I used the Kevin Brown Method with M205 and Meg's cutting MF's on my Rupes 15, then finished it off with Optimum's Hyper Polish on yellow Rupes pads. To seal the vehicle, I used CarPro's Reload.

Now onto the detail:

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is ONLY after M205 and MF, no finishing polishing yet, so the marring is pretty rough:

[​IMG]

Again, no finish polish yet, and the clarity is drastically improved:

[​IMG]

Final shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did what I could with the sun where it was...very tough to get sun shots at the end of the day as I ran out of light:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize for the low number of pictures, but there was a LOT of car to work on in such a short window, as the car was being revealed to the owner the next day.

Thanks for looking!

Anthony Onorato

Meticulous-Detail likes this.
  2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Amazing work on an amazing car. A true classic!

3. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Amazing work. But the car should definitely have some different wheels!

5. tigerwash

tigerwash New Member

Amazing work on a classic. I love that clean, retro look

6. bridings

bridings New Member

Sick job!

7. Kendell

Kendell New Member

Great job! Nice car!

8. StreetShotz

StreetShotz New Member

Beautiful!!!

Black is such a beautiful color when it is perfect.