Brand New or is it? 2014 Lexus ES350 in for correction plus Sealant.

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Francisco Santiago, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Francisco Santiago

Francisco Santiago Virgin Detailer

So a new client contacted me about doing his car. The car is brand new off the showroom floor, JMlexus . When he purchased the car, the car looked shine but he knew that was something off with the color. It didn't have that true black deep wet finish, more like hazy than anything else.

He brought the car to my shop and wasting no time, I started working on his car.

I couldn't really see how bad the paint was due to the terrible weather but wait till you guys see the before.

Starting with the washing and decon....

[​IMG]

Notice the weather, terrible. Also I couldn't even use my huge Canvas, the rain was blowing everywhere so thank God my detailing bay.

After all the washing and full decon of paint, glass and wheels I started with the test spots.

*Now what you are about to see is pretty nasty. I highly suggest not to be eating while you see the pictures.*

But first....

Products used:

FG400
    HD Polish
    Eraser
    Flex3401
    LC CSS Orange, White
    Mezerna PowerLock
    IronX
    Sonax Full Effect
    Nanoskin prep towel
    I probably used more products just can't remember which ones. I got so many.

Paint condition before. Now usually I tend to take a lot of before pictures. I think it's pretty safe to say, only 2 pictures will be enough to document the car.

Hood
    [​IMG]

Side Door
    [​IMG]

The entire car was in that bad shape. So I worked with his budget and did my best within his budget.

After a few passes with FG400 (not polished yet)

[​IMG]

Time was a huge factor because he wanted to surprise his wife with the car and we all know that we love to take our time to make it perfect but I only had about 8 hours the most to get it done.

After the car all polished up. ( no sealant applied yet )

Looking like a mirror already.

[​IMG]

Love this shot.

[​IMG]

I finished the car with only 20 minutes remaining before they came to see the car. Enough to take some after shots.

Beauty Shots.

[​IMG]

I even had time to kind clean the interior a bit. Nothing crazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looking good, thanks for sharing.

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Nice save . That was in bad shape to be brand new.