Product Review: POLISHANGEL SNOWCAKE

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by TroyScherer, Aug 28, 2014.

1. TroyScherer

TroyScherer DB Forum Supporter

Product Review: POLISHANGEL SNOWCAKE

Introduction:

What do you do when you own a unique or special car? Do you use the same OTC or lower end products that you use on your daily driver? Although I don’t have one of these special or unique cars I like to try new things and have been interested in these “newer” bespoke car care products that cater to higher end clientele. I have wondered if they are worth the price of admission. Enter POLISHANGEL and their entire line of made to order products. SNOWCAKE is their interior product and as good a place as any to start testing the line.

Product Description / Claims: From Manufacturer

SNOWCAKE is a high quality plastic and vinyl care product for the car’s interior. Plastic parts that are very often exposed to UV radiation, heat, fat, and high stress abrasion will fade and crack over time. SNOWCAKE is a solvent-free, high-quality care product developed to prevent these problems.
    • Plastic and vinyl conditioner dressing
    • High UV-60 protection - protects against premature fading
    • Special care product composition for the interior
    • Elegant, satin-like matte finish
    • Rubber care for seals and door seals
    • Marzipan scent

[​IMG][​IMG]

Product Details:

Packaging: Heavy weight brown bottle with a screw top lid (50ml)
    Directions: Clearly Labeled
    Color: Milky White
    Scent: Marzipan
    Pricing: $19.95 @ 50ml / $34.95 @ 100ml / $58.95 @ 200ml / $119.95 @ 500ml

Directions:

1. Shake well before use
    2. Make sure all surfaces or free of dust and dirt
    3. Lightly apply to desired area
    4. Evenly work product in using a clean microfiber
    5. Buff to a sheen

Warnings or Precautions:
    • None are listed on the bottle or the website.

Testing:

I began by wiping don the dash with a light APC mixtures as my normal dressing cleaner is a Quick AIO product that leaves a very matte finish that I normally prefer.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I put a few drops of SNOWCAKE onto a clean foam applicator to see the consistency and scent. The consistency is very thin and runny. Although I had read that SNOWCAKE had a Marzipan scent I was pleasantly surprised as it really did smell excellent adding to the experience while not being overpowering.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I then applied the SNOWCAKE to the right side of the test area only adding a few extra drops to buff and blend everything evenly. Even with the tape still in place I could see the difference but it was much more evident after removal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SNOWCAKE left a very nice deep dark finish that was not overly glossy more of a Satin finish. In fact although I like a matte finish I think I prefer the dark rich finish of SNOWCAKE as it makes the dash look “new”.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Below is also a video review of my application & thoughts on SNOWCAKE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgVFDK1A740

Pros:

• A little bit of product spreads evenly over a larger than expected surface.
    • It leaves a dark rich finish.
    • The Marzipan scent adds to the experience.
    • Added UV protection.
    • Product are made to order and direct shipped from the Manufacturer.

Cons:

• The price of entrance is a high compared even to other “boutique” products.
    • Possibility for delays since product are made to order and direct shipped from the Manufacturer.

Questions:

• What is UV60 protection and how does it compare to other product claiming UV protection?
    • Is each product made to order every time?

Final Thought / Summary:

As my entry in to the bespoke car care product lien SNOWCAKE was success. It was very easy to use and had great scent that added to the experience while creating a deep rich finish that compares to new. The look and gloss were there without being overpowering or distracting, just like and interior dressing should be.
    During my testing for durability I left the dash just like it was in the pictures for 3 months and noticed no fading or degradation. The only way for me to remove the SNOWCAKE was with a light APC wipe down like you would do in full interior detail.

Any and all questions & comments are welcome. Thanks for reading.
    If you like my videos & reviews subscribe to my YouTube channel.

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Looks really nice. You might want to look at Scholls Purple if you want a similar look. Thanks for posting this review.

3. TroyScherer

Thanks. Scholls is a line that I have looked at but haven't gotten to try yet. I'll have to see if Corey can get it in for me.

4. I have been using their Cosmic ceramic coating, Master Sealant, Presto QD, and Rapid Wax. All products have been excellent. I was truly surprised by the packaging, quality of products, and performance. All seem to be great products, but I do agree, the price is a little steep. Was on the fence about their interior products, but time to buy. How does the feel post application compare to 303?

5. TroyScherer

Honestly I don't remeber what 303 "felt" like post appication. I didn't like the smell so it was quickly removed and replaced. Now 303 is for exterior use only for me.

6. tigerwash

tigerwash New Member

that looks great. seems like good stuff

7. Jeepbroner

Jeepbroner New Member

Looks great, been looking into these products but felt that my cars didn't require that much quality. Mind might have been changed, didnt know they were made to order, reassures no old faulty products then.