How to clean Uber pads?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by ROHfan, Oct 21, 2014.

1. ROHfan

ROHfan New Member

I did a few searches but didn't get a definitive answer. I just bought a 5-pak of Uber pads and the build quality is amazing! As such, I'd like to be able to clean them for future use but am unsure of how to go about it. I was going to just soak them in some warm, soapy water using some dishwashing liquid to help dissolve the polish/compound but I don't want to risk ruining the pads. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

The quick answer would be a diluted all purpose cleaner APC sprayed onto the pads. Let it soak for 5 mins. Then rub the pad vigorously with your fingers and wash it with water to remove anny leftover APC and polish residue. Don't forget to put them to dry somewhere clean, preferably on top on a microfiber towel Velcro side up so to prevent de lamination from moisture. There are also tons of youtube vids on this just search for cleaning foam pads.

3. black-n-silver

black-n-silver Any Rag Vehicle Washer

For very 'dirty' pads I like to scrub them on the Grit Guard. They make great drying racks too.