Your Opinion CG Jetseal vs. M Powerlock vs. Sonax PNS

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by PremierDetailerJake, Oct 28, 2014.

1. PremierDetailerJake

PremierDetailerJake New Member

What are your thoughts? All are relatively the same price range.

What matters to me

Longevity and toughness are what I am concerned with. I am in the rust-belt here in southwest Michigan so the winter is very brutal to paintwork.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Just get Cquatrz uk call it good.

3. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

Go with sonax polymer net shield and keep it going strong with their brilliant shine Detailer for up to 6 months of protection.

4. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

i cant speak to Jetseal, but i have used PNS and Powerlock.

Currently i have PNS topped with 2 coats of powerlock, overkill maybe but i had the time ;)

I really like polymer net sheild, its easy to apply and it gives great protection, however i dont feel like it lasts as long as powerlock, and over a long winter without proper washes ive seen powerlock last from late october to march. Maybe next winter i'll give PNS a shot on it own, but for now i know powerlock will last me a brutal winter here.

5. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

I had phil apply sonax PNS last year and it definitely lasted 6 months even when I would use more car wash soap then I needed to. It was also one of the worst winters on record here in NYC/nj area. After last winter I'm convinced that aside from that sealant if I was looking for more protection I wouldn't look for another sealant I'd go to a coating.

kyle butler likes this.
  6. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

My vote goes to Sonax's PNS. Fantastic beading and sheeting, I have seen 5.5 months on a personal car up here in Canada that had been sitting outside 24/7.

7. PremierDetailerJake

PremierDetailerJake New Member

Thank you guys for the input! So PNS is layerable?

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Yes it is. I actually apply 2 layers back to back and then do a Brilliant Detailer wipedown. I did a winter prep a few weeks ago using this technique. I will monitoring durability. PNS is the poorman's semi-permanent coating IMO.

9. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Out of the three I would definitely agree PNS. It can be a little grabby / finicky to apply so work in really small sections. Beading is spectacular! I was not impressed with Jetseal at all. It was super slick and looked good, but was very dusty on removal if I remember correctly, and did not last long at all.

Mbkite likes this.
  10. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

From my testing, PNS will give the best durability out of those. MPL will be way easier to apply, but easily gets knocked back when it comes to durability. And PNS also has the best self cleaning properties out of those. I don't like it on wheels, but on body panels it delivers. Especially if you top it up with BSD.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

11. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

PNS gets my vote too!

12. rogerp3380

rogerp3380 New Member

Powerlock for me

13. BAMDetailing

BAMDetailing New Member

I have PNS coming my way (that didn't sound right) lol I look forward to using it. Before that i used Jetseal religiously and it works well if you let it cure and with 2 coats. I also use Opti-Seal as well and like that too.

GDAL likes this.
  14. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

You will love PNS ... watch Detailers Domain video on YouTube regarding application.

15. TFTADetail

TFTADetail New Member

Absolutely.