Sonax PNS Issues or expectations?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by nshirk, Dec 27, 2014.

1. nshirk

nshirk Virgin Detailer

Hi, I recently got a chance to detail my car (2012 VW Golf R). Car in general is in very good shape as it never goes through a tunnel and is only hand washed by myself.

Earlier this year I bought a can of PNS to use for the door jams, etc. Seemed like a great product. Have to say I either really screwed up application, expected too much, or got a bad can. FYI I bought it from Amazon, and it took several months to be delivered.

Foam wash (CG Honeydew snowfoam)
    CarPro TRIX
    Rewash
    Auto scrub fine towel
    Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6
    CarPro Eraser wipe down
    Sonax PNS

I sprayed the PNS on an applicator and spread it on each panel. Found it easy on and off.

Few days later it rained (first rain in CA in a long while). Beeds OK not great.... What I thought was strange is the beads are stuck to the paint. Normally with a sealant (Klasse, Mezerma, Zaino) the water fly off the car while driving.

Any ideas?

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

got any photos of spots?

3. nshirk

nshirk Virgin Detailer

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos of the drying. We've been getting so much rain...

Here is a photo of the beeding after the first rain shower. Like I mentioned in this case it had stopped raining and after my commute the car still looked like this. Just strange.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:55315]

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Beeds look to fine to me, I have PNS on one of my DD's and never had the beeds stuck on the paint. Does it feel slick? Did you use enough PNS per section?

5. nshirk

nshirk Virgin Detailer

I tried applying it again, on the roof and hood. Still just didn't feel slick.

Last weekend I said heck with it and put a layer of Supernatural down. Looks great. Too bad I got back into this week.

6. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

PNS doesnt feel slick like regular sealants (Power Lock, etc) but it is EXTREMELY hydrophobic. Beads look tight and great, I don't see any issues. Next time buy from Phil directly instead of Amazon, support your small business owner.