Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer review

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by ampbmw, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Will make this brief.

I really am impressed by this product. The best way to apply is to spray a few triggers onto one microfiber and wipe on then buff gently with a second microfiber. If you spray on directly to the paint it will leave a slight smear.

It leaves a very very very glass-like shine and the best part is the water behavior.

It doesn't just bead water it leaves little pearls of water that are completely round and the water flys off so easily that the car practicallly dries itself just driving down the road in the rain.

I'm giving it 9/10 just because application can take some extra attention.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Sonax-Brilliant-Shine-Detailer-750ml_p_890.html

Ian and Meticulous-Detail like this.
  2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I usually apply 2 layers of PNS and do a quick BSD wipedown for my winter preps ... talk about sheeting abilities.

rwisejr likes this.
  3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks for sharing we love the Brilliant Shine Detailer it's a good one to have in the garage especially as a topper to PNS

ricky bobby and Ian like this.
  4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Thanx BSD is on my buy list

5. nls8520

nls8520 New Member

Good review I have been meaning to try. Slightly off topic, someone mentioned layering Polymer Net Shield, what is the recommended cure time for the Polymer Net Shield?

6. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Brilliant shine Detailer works great for maintaining the PNS. I love that stuff and it last a decent amount of time too. You could do a coat of PNS and just maintain your car with brilliant shine detail spray and be good for a long time. It's a great combo!

7. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am slightly biased towards Adam's detail spray. Adam's is extremely user friendly: Never streaks or smears. Always dries crystal clear and haze free. Leaves a super slick surface reducing surface tension on towel drag which would cause toweling marks. Has an amazing scent and is somewhat economical for those who already spend more than the average guy on quality detailing products.

I also would like to note that the Adam's V2 spray leaves some good water beading for the first week of driving thereafter application.

8. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

That's the problem, it will only last a week if left in a garage.

9. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

BSD is some great stuff! Beading is impressive considering it's something that is sprayed on. Durability ranges but i've seen a solid month out of it. Smells great too!

10. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

I had BSD and it was ok. I just prefer to do 2 coats of PNS and maintain it with whatever Detail Spray I'm using for wipedowns. I don't like my detail sprays to be grabby like BSD and have some cleaning action in winter, IMO BSD is less of a quick detailer/light cleaning product and is more of a spray on sealant. It works great for that intended purpose (WOWA sealant), but again, I prefer my detail sprays to be slick and encapsulate any random dirt particles, like a higher diluted ONR, etc.

11. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

BSD is not a WOWA sealant.

12. ricky bobby

ricky bobby New Member

I meant its properties make it similar, I know its not. Its a quick boost of protection (sealing) and wipe down product. Although I think it does better at wiping down than actual cleaning of dusty, lightly soiled surfaces. Again just my impressions when I had my bottle it wasn't my favorite thing. I LOVE PNS though