Carpro Hydro 2 Review with updated pics

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Meticulous-Detail, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Don't do too many product reviews but this product is worthy of one. Carpro Hydro2 is one of the easiest products I have ever used. It can be applied to the entire exterior of the vehicle in a matter of minutes and so far is holding up very well.

I applied it back on 09/28/14 as my winter protection in NYC on a daily driven, non-garaged, 13 Charger RT. The car has received a few washes since then but hasn't been washed in a few weeks now due to weather.

Process to apply:

Strong wash with CG CWG
    Light clay with the nanoskin wash mitt
    No polishing
    Broke the car down into 6 sections
    Paint must be cool to the touch and car out of direct sunlight
    Keep the car wet
    Apply to one section at a time and wait for 60 secs before blasting with a strong stream of water
    Repeat process on all 6 sections
    Then utilize flooding method to rinse
    Dry with leaf blower and MF WW towel on any excess water
    Done

Pics from 09/28/14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics from 01/24/15, after a snow storm and car has not been washed in 3 weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the side skirts and lower door panels it is starting to fade, but that is to be expected plus the car has not been washed in 3 weeks. Overall very happy with this product.

punk0208 likes this.
  2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Hydr02 is one of my favorite LSP's! It has saved me several hours of work and produced fantastic results!

3. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

Love the product ease of application and that slick glossy feel that it leaves. Honestly tho I'm not impressed with the durability, 2-3 months max before you see the limitations to its performance. For quick wash and wax jobs I totally recommend it but for amazing durability and performance during those extremely harsh winter months in NY and NJ where using a hose and water is very rarely possible I absolutely recommend sonax polymer net shield. But once again I do like Hydro O2 when buffing the paint by hand for 40 mins just isn't possible. Thanks for your review!

4. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

The durability varies on what kind of prep was done and what kind of climate. I've personally seen it go strong for 4 months and then drop off which is not bad at all considering it was on a vehicle that sits outside 24/7 in the crappy Vancouver weather

5. Meticulous-Detail

I'm in NYC and it's still going strong after 4 months. I have Sonax PNS on my 13 Durango right now, applied about the same time and the beading is nicer on the Charger. Didn't take a pic of the Durango this morning.

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks for posting this review. sounds like a great product.

7. Meticulous-Detail

Thanx Phil. Fixed pics from 01/24/15, they disappeared.

8. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have gotten a solid 5 months of "good" protection from this. Considering it takes 5 minutes to apply to a whole car, even if it was a max of 2 month durability, I would STILL rave about this product. So easy to reapply.

9. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

thanks for the review of the product in the snow / cold belt. looks pretty interesting.

10. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I have to say I love this product also. I recently tried it after hearing some good reviews and was instantly impressed with how easy it is to apply. I tried it on a few cars that are never taken care of. Simply washed, sprayed the hydro2 and rinsed. That's it! Hydro2 really is a perfect quick sealant for this time of year when you can wash your car but can't or don't have the time to do a regular wax job.

11. Meticulous-Detail

02/22/15 car washed today and it's still going strong, plus the car came clean very easy. :usa:

12. TFTADetail

TFTADetail New Member

I also love the Reload product. Not difficult to apply or remove and leaves a gorgeous deep wet shine. Many happy customers on this end.
    Hydro 2 I purchase by the gallon. ;)

13. expdetailing

expdetailing New Member

Could Hydro 2 be used as a drying aid? I realize it's not meant to be used that way, but has anyone ever tried?

14. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

It'll streak unless you hose it off, bad idea to use as a drying aid.