2011 Bentley SuperSport Correction + Coating

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by 02blackout, Feb 8, 2015.

1. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

What's up guy, shout outs from beautiful Memphis,TN! Haven't posted on here in years so I am long overdue. I'm still at it and doing the best I can with my small business!

SO this beautiful SS is back in for a full paint correction then Gtechniq C1 ceramic coating. The car is already in great shape, as a few weeks ago I did a 1Stage Polish + Collinite 845 wax on it. This time it's just getting some further attention. I took some pictures thru out the process for yalls viewing pleasure! Questions and comments welcome!

BEFORES
    Already in great shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cockpit of this 612HP, W12 monster.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spend about 2-3hrs on a full wash. In my opinion this is the most important part of a "full detail." You need to make sure you have a clean canvas before starting a paint correction. Accordingly, I was looking to strip off the wax I applied when I saw this car a few weeks ago.

2Bucket Method, CG Honeydew Snowfoam + APC in foam cannon. Light mist of trix iron remover. Various wash media for the wheels.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trim, grilles, cracks etc cleaned
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHEELS
    Wheels were already relatively clean and I don't like using any APC on painted wheels. So I used it on the tires, wheel wells, and verrry lightly on the inside of the wheel barrel.... I foamed it, then started cleaning
    [​IMG]

Big wheel woolie. I absolutely love these and recommend them to anyone despite the price. You get what you pay for....
    [​IMG]

Medium wheel woolie to get behind spokes
    [​IMG]

Used a boars hair brush on the wheel face.
    [​IMG]

Tire brush. Notice all the foam on the ground. If you have a foam cannon this dramatically helps the cleaning process while ensuring you don't scratch the paint wheels. I used ~3-4oz of CG Honeydew Snowfoam for everytime I do a car. As stated above I added a little APC to the mixture this time just to aid in wax removal.
    http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss325/02blackout/SS/P1050532.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust tips before:
    [​IMG]

Used some apc, couple brushes, P21S polishing soap, #0000 Steel wool
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blow Dried entire car and wheels with 4.0HP Metro Vac N Blow
    [​IMG]

Wash and drying process [almost] finished.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drove and opened it up for a block or two to get everything out :giggle:

POST-WASH
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pulled it in and finished up with the little Master Blaster, love this thing.
    [​IMG]

CORRECTION / SURGERY
    I gave the car a 91% IPA wipedown to ensure all LSP was stripped before polishing.

My setup:
    [​IMG]

I’m no photographer but tried to capture defects. Again, a few weeks back I have it a quick quick 1-Step FG400 polish. I’d say I did alright ;)
    [​IMG]

Test panel: Used Flex 4301 w/ Megs MF Compounding pad. Menz FG400 Polish. Here I’m using the Metro Vac n Blow as a compressed air substitute to blow out the mf pad. RESIDUE CONTROL is paramount when using mf pads. After every pass I blow it out to stand the fibers back up.
    [​IMG]

~11pm. Called it a night after I found out my plan of attack.

Next morning, 8:30am. Alright yall call me stupid but switched from the strong Flex to the simple Megs D/A with a FINISHING microfiber pad. Yield same great results but at a smoother, quicker pace. Here I am blowing it out again. Also used the 3” pad for smaller spots.
    [​IMG]

COATING
    Polishing is now finished and time to apply the semi-perm ceramic coating. Doing another IPA wipedown to ensure all polish residue etc is removed from surface:
    [​IMG]

Here my coating of choice is Gtechniq C1. I’ve used Opti-Coat 2.0 Until it was discontinued. Now trying this. After this bottle is done switching to either Cquartz or Opti-Coat Pro. Yall let me know your thoughts on which one to switch to.

[​IMG]

Applying it. The coating block is a staple to the coating application. Proper lighting is also a must to ensure you have adequately and fully covered all surfaces.
    [​IMG]

Polishing the glass then coating with the C1. Despite C1 not being glass-specific, I’ve seen it yield some great protection results.
    [​IMG]

INTERIOR

Did a light, thorough cleaning on the inside. Here I’m using the Metro Vac, it comes with a wide variety of attachments that can tackle any situation.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sprayed a light apc mixture into the boars hair brush, worked into a lather, wiped with deep pile MF, vacuumed it, then finished again with a clean MF to ensure to streaking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wiped down all other surfaces and glass. Rear sides, trunk, etc.

FINALS!
    This car was a huge pleasure to work on. Most exotic and supercars I (or we) on are already in great shape --- which they should be. Our job as professional, high-end detailers is to educate owner on benefits of polishing and coating. The longevity, durability, and aesthetic results of this treatment is phenomenal. If there is ever an objection to price. My theory: price should always reflect service performed. i.e. time put in, your personal technique and skills, product/equipment use, special methods to ensure safety and quality to the car, and overhead costs to cater to such expensive cars. Competitors pricing on similar services should be taken into consideration too. ‘Demand of service’

Completely defect and swirl free
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well everyone thanks for looking. My aim was to show you a little more about what I do and maybe yall pick up a thing or two on my processes. Any questions comments are welcome!

Happy detailing from Elon!
    [​IMG]

PS: Recent Tesla P85D shoot after a correction and coating. Cheers from the South!
    [​IMG]

-Lance

david9036@gmail.com likes this.
  2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

nice work nice to see you again.

3. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

4. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

Fantastic write up, you should post on here more often!

5. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

I can't figure out what I like more - the great work or the incredible garage. Good work!

6. david9036@gmail.com

david9036@gmail.com New Member

great job !
    car looks great

7. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Thanks all! I've missed posting on here. It's always cool to go back and look at the pictures :cig: