International Aero Products: Lineup Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by GlossAngeles, Mar 2, 2015.

1. GlossAngeles

GlossAngeles New Member

We recently had the opportunity to test and review a few products from the International Aero Products lineup. The company originally formulated these products for their clients extremely high end aircraft. They then brought these products to the automotive world for the ultimate pampering of your vehicle.

[​IMG]
    Aero Protect - Tire, Plastic, and Vinyl Protectant
    Price: $24.99

Size: 16oz

Price per oz: $1.56

Finish

Very nice. Initially it is a bit glossy, but following the directions and letting it dwell to penetrate into the rubber and wiping away the excess, you get a perfect tire. Dark, matte, even and protected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ease of Use

I am partial to pour spout bottles when it comes to tire dressing, but even though it is a spray it is quite viscous. When sprayed to an applicator and the applied to the tire it spreads easily but is not too runny and does not get onto the wheel.

[​IMG]

Pro

VERY NICE finish. The tire is very dark with almost no shine at all, which I absolutely love. Had the same effect on multiple tire compounds as well which is not common with dressings.

Con

I wish it was a bit more viscous but absolutely the easiest spray dressing I have used.

Aero Finale - Interior and Exterior Multi Surface Cleaner
    Price: $20.99

Price per oz: $1.31

Scent

Very nice and not too overpowering or sweet. Lasts long enough for clients to notice as well which is a nice touch.

Gloss

Very nice gloss. Detail sprays in general have come a long way in providing a noticeable difference in the level of gloss. Did a good job of removing fingerprints on the paint and even on interior surfaces.

[​IMG]

Ease of use

Extremely smooth. Some detail sprays can feel a bit “grabby” which could induce marring. This does not at all and you towel effortlessly glides across the surface. Works wonders as a drying aid as well and the slickness helps prevent drying induced damage.

Protection

Beads up well. See images below for beads just from the detail spray. Durability is no very long, but no detail spray is, nor should it need to be. The name says it all, Finale, as this is the perfect final wipedown to any detail.

Pro

Very smooth application. Not grabby like other detail sprays and gives you comfort that you are not inducing marring into your finish.

Con

No cons for this product. Worked as advertised and worked very well.

Aero Immaculate - Interior Cleaner

Price per oz: $1.31

Scent

Neutral. No chemical smell that you wouldn't want in an interior.

Cleaning ability

This cleaner absolutely blew me away with how well it cleaned and how versatile it was. You can see the difference in the level of contamination that was on this armrest and how clean it was after Immaculate . I was able to clean fabric, plastics, dash panels, interior trim and even leather effectively while not harming any of the surfaces.

[​IMG]

Ease of use

For some reason there are not a lot of good interior cleaners out there. They are either too harsh and you need to be extremely careful, or they do not clean enough and require you to take a lot of time to get the desired result. Immaculate was simple, spray on and wipe/scrub the surface down and you had a perfectly clean surface. By far my favorite interior cleaner I have ever used.

Pro

The cleaning ability while remaining safe for almost all surfaces was absolutely amazing. Would absolutely recommend this Immaculate to anyone.

Con

Price, a bottle is quite pricey at $20 a bottle, but the quality is absolutely worth the price. However, as a professional who can use a lesser cleaner without damaging surfaces, I’m not sure it would work in that setting.

Aero Glide - Polymer - Infused Clay Bar

Quantity: 2

Price per bar: $10.50

[​IMG]

Contamination Removal

Did a very good job at removing the contamination.

Safety

Not only did it remove the contamination very well but there was not any marring. The polymer aspect makes it extremely smooth and slick.

Protection

Surprisingly good. I expected it to have about the same protection as a detail spray, I used shampoo for the lubrication so the only protection would be coming from the clay bar, but it actually held up for a few months. The protection is on par with a decent wax, which if you do wash/clay/wax jobs would literally cut your time in half.

[​IMG]

Pro

Surprisingly good protection from the clay bar. I have never seen anything like it and was extremely impressed.

Con

This con is not for everyone, but I never do just was/clay/wax on a vehicle. At minimum I will be using a sealant and then layering that with a wax. Unfortunately that leaves the huge benefit of this product null. HOWEVER, if you do these types of jobs, GET THIS PRODUCT!

Aero Shine - Dry Wash and Speed Wax
    Price: $24.99

Price per oz: $1.56

Scent

Not great but not chemical smelling at all. No complaints.

Cleaning Ability

**First let me start by saying that I do not believe in "dry washing". I do waterless washing but the microfibers soaked for lubrication and the panel is pre-soaked before either of the two meet. In the videos of this products they show spraying on a panel and wiping away with a dry microfiber, much like a detail spray. On vehicles I work on this will marr the surface, there will be a point where dry fibers are moving dirt without enough surface lubrication and that is not ideal and will more than likely cause marring. With that said, I used this product as I do with my normal waterless washing and used pre-soaked microfibers and a liberal amount of product on the surface, not that this is detrimental to the product, but it is not how it is portrayed to be used.**

The cleaning ability of this product is good it is on par with other waterless wash products and can clean mild-medium contamination levels with ease. Very slick and smooth as well when wiping down the panel, which helps reduce marring.

[​IMG]

Protection

Decent protection. Lasts for about a week, like many waterless washes. Best part is the product is not at all grabby when using it and the surface feels very slick afterword, no need for a detail spray wipe down after.

Pro

Very slick with great cleaning ability.

Con

I like this product a lot as far as what it does. The only con is that it is not sold as a waterless wash product and thus does not have dilution ratios/is not concentrated for dilution. This may not be what the product is intended to do but I would not use it otherwise.

Conclusion
    Overall, we were very happy with these products. They are absolutely top notch formulations. However, some are priced a bit high for a professional setting but they are not overpriced for what they do. Immaculate was an amazingly good interior cleaner that worked like magic. The Glide clay bar was an amazing product and invention that will save many detailers a ton of time. Make sure to check out these products and the rest of their lineup HERE.

*NOTE* Aero informed me that special pricing is available with wholesale and jobber accounts.