ppf film installation classes

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Tailored, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Tailored

Tailored New Member

Hey all,

I am new ish to the forum and have been running my detailing for 5 years. Recently I have decided to expand my buinssnes into PPF installations and possiably PDR. My question is I have noticed that alot of people have been using the xpel product over the 3 m products and was wondering why? Also, I am trying to attend an installation class. The Xpel class is in texas and i am coming from the boston area so it will be very difficult for me to make it that far and there is a class put on by 3m in maryland which is alot closer and easier for me to arrange they will both be about the same price so I want to do the one that will give me the best retrun on my investment regardless of the inconvience for me.

second question any one have any reccomendations for pdr tools? I may want to pick some up to try my hand at it. I was also an automotive technician for a number of years so I am picky about tools I hate buying poor quality tools by mistake.

Any help would be appreciative!

Thanks,
    Dan

2. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

I have had both films on one of my rides. the Xpel has been the better of the two for me .the Xpel I have is the self healing variety and is crystal clear with no orange peel to the finish. I did like the 3M I had a few years back that was on my car for for 4.5 years before it got totaled when somebody rearended me at a stop light. 3M was durable and it did not change color but did have some op to it.

3. Tailored

Tailored New Member

Thank you for that. I actually didn't even think of clarity. I got so hung up on durability and longevity that when they both say they have excellent clarity I just accepted it. I diddnt think to see which one was better. Thank you.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Dan,

I suggest to that you go to Xpel and make it to the 4 day training. It's a good one and Alex and Mario at Xpel are great trainers. Xpel is the film to really go with so the training will be geared towards Xpel film.

Tailored likes this.
  5. Tailored

Tailored New Member

Thank you. I am excited to go now all I have to do is get into one of the classes they fill up very quick!

6. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

You are welcome. good luck with your training .

7. Tailored

Tailored New Member

• [​IMG]
    • Administrators
    • [​IMG]
    • 12,337 posts

Dan,

I suggest to that you go to Xpel and make it to the 4 day training. It's a good one and Alex and Mario at Xpel are great trainers. Xpel is the film to really go with so the training will be geared towards Xpel film

I would have Loved to! unfortunitly the gentleman that Is in charge of my area was very difficult to get a hold of and diddnt seem to really want to offer the class or product to me. where 3m worked great with me and was even able to accomidate my busy schedual. Seems like a clasic example of Salesmanship/customer service won my business. but thank you for your oppinion it weigthed heavily on my decision i just wish it could have worked out.