New to Detailing, trying to get my technique down.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by slonison, Apr 14, 2015.

1. slonison

slonison New Member

Really brainstorming what my technique is going to be upon the first good sign of weather. Here is where I'm at.

1. Rinse Wheels with pressure washer.
    2. Foam Wheels with pressure washer and Chemical Guys Citrus with Max Suds (let sit 3 min)
    3. Rinse Wheels with pressure washer.
    4. Foam Wheels with pressure washer.
    5. Use those bad ass wheel/rim brushes (that I still don't have) to agitate.
    6. Rinse wheels with pressure washer.
    IF that isn't enough:
    7. Use 1:1 Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and agitate.
    8. Rinse wheels with pressure washer.

1. Rinse car with pressure washer.
    2. Foam car with pressure washer and CG Citrus with Max Suds (let sit 3 mins)
    3. Rinse car with pressure washer.
    4. Foam car with pressure washer and CG Citrus with Max Suds
    5. Use the 2 buckets method with some CG citrus in the was bucket and agitate from top to bottom. Using one mitt for the top and a separate mitt for the bottom.
    6. Rinse car with pressure washer.
    7. Detach pressure washer and sheet the car.

This is pretty much for the regular wash regimen that I want to start up for each weekend.

What I'd like to know is the following: If I'm planning on claying, correcting and sealing/protecting, would I use a different soap to strip the protectant on the car? what soap and when in the steps above would I use it?

Also, If you're splitting up your detailing into two days. Let's say on day 1 you get halfway through your 1st step compounding and call it a night and the car is in the garage. The following morning, do you do anything to make sure there is no dust on the car before continuing?

2. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Q1 - doesn't matter what soap you use - polishing will remove any protection

Q2 - I do not unless you left the garage door open overnight.