Vapor steamers

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by chrisk86, Apr 23, 2015.

1. chrisk86

chrisk86 New Member

So I'm just getting into some amateur detailing mostly on my own car as well as my finance's car. I've become very interested in these dry vapor steamers I've seen being used by detailers on YouTube, my question to you all is how useful are these steamers really? Some are selling for some big money and want to know if it's worth the investments. Now doing just my own cars I'll never be able to justify a $2,000 investment on a steamer but I wouldn't find spending a few $100 on a decent one. My other question is what kind of qualities should I look for such as tank heat or nozzle preassure?

2. If you are just buying it for your own personal vehicles, then not worth it. They really great for cleaning leather, cloth, and plastic that get dirty and grimy. It really good on carpet. But for amount of money you going spend on professional one, you could buy Shark (if they still make it) with consumer grade. It was made for around the house but it work. I've seen couple professional steamer selling for $550-$650.