Help, need suggestions for detailing brand new white car

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by aguy1222, Jul 3, 2015.

1. aguy1222

aguy1222 New Member

I just purchased a brand new 2015 white kia optima. I have done detailing on prior cars but this is my first white. I need suggestions on best products to use on a white car. This is what I am planning on doing.

wash
    clay
    glaze ( ez crème glaze/ white light)

and either

2x sealant or
    sealant
    wax

I don't think I need to polish the car as it seems free of swirls but I want to give it a nice glaze, preferably one that's most durable but gives best gloss/shine. After, I plan on using Klasse high gloss sealant as I keep hearing its one of the best, then either apply a second coating of the sealant or a wax. Any suggestions would help. thank you

2. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Hello! I absolutely love Optimum opti-gloss on my white car. It stays cleaner longer, beads like crazy, feels slick and is easier to clean. It's a lot easier to work with than the older version opti coat 2.0 and. It has more shine or gloss also. I would look into opti-gloss. It's worth it.

3. PCSmike

PCSmike New Member

Well a polish it's not only to remove swirls,you can use a polish and a sealent after and it will help the sealent stay on the car alot longer than a glaze would . I use menzerna and really like the way that works haven't really tried Klasse but will do a little research on it . I do agree with Ian to use ópti coat 2.0 . It's a real good coating and on your white car you will love it . It will stay shinier and cleaner alot longer .

4. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt New Member

If you want to get the best pop go with the glaze. Glazes are actually made for enhancing the look of a car's paint, not for removing imperfections like a polish. Your sealant and waxes are essentially clear coats over the paint. They won't really enhance the look of your paint but a glaze will. After your clay then glaze. Follow with a good carnauba paste wax for a liquid look. Follow with a sealant for a hard as glass type look. The perk to using sealants is that they will last twice as long as just about any carnauba paste wax out there. I myself prefer the look of the sealant too and I think it's much easier to tell when it has worn off your cars finish vs a carnauba. If you go with a sealant you can cover it with another coat of paste wax to get that liquid feel or you can use a detail wax (spray wax) to enhance the shine further. I always us prowax paint sealant. This stuff is the best bang for the buck period. You can't beat what this sealant does. You'll get the finish you would with any other $20 sealant out there like Klasse. Here's a place I found that carries pro's products and a bunch of other awesome detail products that most people don't have any idea about.

http://www.cougarchemical.com/product-p/45-p-39-q.htm

I follow up the Pro Polymer Sealant with a product called Wipe and Shine. It's the easiest to use spray wax I've found. It wipes off and applies much easier than Meguiars spray wax and other brands. You won't be disappointed with it.