CarPro Essence: Extreme Gloss

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by drsullivan, Nov 20, 2015.

1. drsullivan

drsullivan Virgin Detailer

This is a short review of CarPro's Essence: Extreme Gloss. First let me say dealing with Corey Carruth has been a great experience! The car I worked on is a 2011 Porsche Turbo in Platinum Silver. The paint was in very good condition and had 22PLE applied 18 months ago. I started with a wash of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash followed by CarPro IRON X. The paint did not require clay.

I applied CarPro Essence with a microfiber pad. The results were nothing short of amazing. Depth, shine, smoothness; medium defects were removed with 2-3 passes. This was followed with a CarPro Gloss pad. Again, amazing!!! I've used $$$ in products, pad, etc. and nothing has come close to what CarPro has provided in the form of Essence. I am so pleased. Easy on and very easy off. I will be coating the turbo with CQuartz tomorrow. I'll post more then.

I used a Flex XC 3401 VRG with a Meguiar's DA Microfiber Cutting Disc Buffing Pad prior to switching to a CarPro Gloss Pad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. drsullivan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rwisejr likes this.
  3. Mbkite

Mbkite Member

Looks awsome I need me some essence..

4. drsullivan

So I finished my Turbo today with CQuartz and picked up my buddy's 991 GT3RS from Porsche (35 miles on it) and headed home to detail it for him. The dealership kindly hosed it down with water filled with calcium and left it in the sun to AIR DRY!!! It took a friend of mine and me 5 hours to correct the paint (new from the factory) to 95%. We had to used a MF cutting pad with Megs D300 followed with CarPro Essence on a MF cutting pad and finished with CarPro Essence on a CarPro Gloss pad. We were very happy with the results and very happy to be done!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rwisejr likes this.
  5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Both rides look amazing . essence looks like it works as advertised. Maybe giving it a try.

drsullivan likes this.
  6. Merlin

Merlin Virgin Detailer

Breathtaking!

[​IMG]

The Guz likes this.
  7. Mbkite

Mbkite Member

I love the gt3 rs but I would un bolt that rear wing and leave it by the side of the road.