ODK Products Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by psynx, Feb 14, 2016.

1. psynx

psynx Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey guys I'm finally able to get back on the forums. I got hit with life like a ton of bricks. I became a father, purchased a second house and moved counties, getting married later this year. The list goes on, but I'm back and here's my first review in like 2 years i think. So here it goes.

Weather finally got warmer here in Socal and I finally had a chance to try these new products I got to compliment my favorite waxes from ODK.

FIRST UP- ARCTIC SNOW FOAM(Pre-Wash)

Arctic is a highly concentrated pH neutral snow foam, it breaks down dirt and grime whilst not effecting any wax, sealants or coatings that are already protecting the paintwork of your vehicle. 40-80ml in a snow foam lance topped with cold or warm water is all that is needed to ensure a nice thick coat. Leave to dwell before pressure washing off. A very effective way to remove stubborn dirt and grime without touching the paintwork before a hand wash. Colored blue with a fresh mint fragrance, a must have pre wash product for your detailing arsenal. (This is information from ODK website)

[​IMG]

First impression, comes in a 500ml bottle and no other options, so I thought it wasn't going to last very long since I go through Meguiar's Hyper wash gallon size pretty quickly. Smells like mint. It's a nice blue color and not too thick like Chemical guys Honey dew or other Snow Foam soaps.

Instructions say 40-80ml of Arctic is all that's needed. (I personally use a kwazar 32 oz bottle instead of the bottle the lance cannon came with since its always tipping over and this bottle has a wider base.)
    I used 60ml (2 oz) of Arctic and the rest DI water.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It also says to leave to dwell for about 5 minutes before rinsing off loose dirt. And this is what it looks like applied

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Depending on your preference, I'm sure it can be thicker if you use closer to 80ml. But the soap did a very good job of it clinging on to the paint and not just running off.

While Arctic was doing its thing I went and to prepare my 2 buckets with Jet Shampoo to wash my car.

Next up
    Jet Shampoo

Jet is a high concentrated pH neutral shampoo that has a great cleaning ability aswell as high lubrication, allowing you to clean your vehicle with ease.

Use between 1-3 capfuls in a10 litre bucket.

Jet is wax and sealant safe meaning it will not effect any protection you may already have on the vehicle.

Jet contains no fillers, no gloss enhancer and wax additives.

Smells like grape (expected) and also comes in a 500ml bottle.

[​IMG]

Instructions say 1-3 capfuls to every 10 liter bucket (10L = 2.6 gallons) (3 capfuls was about 1 oz when i measured) since I'm using a generic 5 gallon bucket (only fill closer to 4 gallons) I used 1oz of Jet per 1 gallon of water. So a total of 2oz for a 4 gallon bucket.

[​IMG]

After filling up the bucket up to about 4 gallons and only using 2oz of jet, it seemed like 2oz was a good call after all. The bucket was nice and full of suds.

[​IMG]

My wash media of choice was Carpro Marino wool mitt. After rinsing Arctic off, I started to wash my car and it felt like plenty of lubricity between my wash media and the paint. So far I'm very impressed with his products and their performance. Up until now I really had no go to shampoo for maintenance washes. I kept trying various shampoos out there from meguiar's to ultima to sonax to dodo juice to 1Z. But now I think i found my one. I have certain shampoos to prep for paint correction like CG citrus wash and clear and carpro reset that are excellent for that but not for maintenance washes.

After rinsing Jet off, time to dry the car. I always use my metro blaster 4+4 blower to dry cars but this time i made an exception to try another product and to show the versatility of this next product I'm about to show. Entourage

Entourage is an all round quick detailer. Cleans and protects, leaves a very glossy finish along with 4 weeks protection. Entourage will protect paintwork, glass and exterior trim, and leave a very slick feel to paintwork. Entourage's party piece is that its a great interior detailer too leaving a stunning satin finish and a strawberries and cream fragrance. A very versatile product that should be in everyone's detailing arsenal.

[​IMG]

Entourage smells like strawberries and comes in a 500ml bottle as well. Directions say it can be used on interior as well and leave a satin finish, which is my personal favorite. I'm not a big fan of high gloss interiors or matte look. I like in between which is satin a subtle sheen. (DISCLAIMER DO NOT USE ON STEERING WHEEL, FOOT PEDALS, ENGINE PLASTICS, OR INTERIOR WINDOWS!!!)

[​IMG]

The reason I decided to hand dry the car is because i wanted to see if Entourage could be used as a drying aid. (Like duragloss aquawax)
    Bare with me its hard to see in the photos but Entourage does really help a lot with drying and prevents waterspots. Water literally starts to run off the paint when I sprayed Entourage to the water.

Heres a photo with water (Before)
    [​IMG]

And after i sprayed Entourage without wiping

[​IMG]

As far as durability it says 4 weeks, and since i just applied it today I cant say if its true or not. The Audi is a DD so i will find out soon enough.
    Next I will be using it on my dash board and door panels and center console.

Before (light dust)
    [​IMG]

And After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it did leave a nice satin finish to the dashboard as it was intended. I was very pleased with the results.

Here are some afters of the paint after it was dried off. Since the car is white its difficult to really see the reflections. Also the car does have very slick soft feel to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that's all I got for now, hope you enjoyed my review. These products are available now in the US so thats a big plus and no more high cost shipping from the UK
    :p

2. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Great review/write up! Thanks for posting! Well done!

psynx likes this.
  3. Priyaka

Priyaka New Member

I had heard of ODK line used in Europe; I didn't realize they were available in the US now. Based on your review it seems they may be worth trying.

psynx likes this.
  4. psynx

psynx Any Rag Vehicle Washer

thank you, i will do more in the near future about his waxes.

Yea just recently they became available in the US. and its all his stuff waxes included