Hoover needs input/advice

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by HOOVER, May 1, 2016.

1. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Good evening! I have a dilemma with which products to try. I have been away from detailing for a lot of years. Currently, I am using the Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System 6" Starter Kit. While in awe of the final results when topping with Sonax Netshield, I have to have products that work faster and save me time. Now I know the Jeep I just finished today (pic's and write up to be posted tomorrow evening) and two other vehicle I have recently done had really rough paint, there has to be faster results. I do not have a paint thickness gauge and have never used one. I have SO much to learn and I am so thankful for any input from the incredible talent pool on this site. Upon arrival of vehicle, this is what I usually do:

Degrease engine compartment, door jams, gas tank cap, wheel wells, clean tires and rims.
    Spray down entire vehicle and wash with a strong mix of hot water and Dawn dish soap to strip any wax/sealants.
    Iron X, agitate, rinse and dry
    Clay bar
    IPA wipe down
    Tape
    Compound
    IPA wipe down
    Finish wax/glaze
    IPA wipe down
    Sonax Netshield
    Dress tires/engine
    Wax all jams
    Windows
    Fine detail all cracks/crevices
    ​Final wipe down/inspection
    Present vehicle to client

I look forward to words of wisdom. Thanks all and have a great evening!!

Hoover

2. Doc

Doc New Member

My concern is the IPA wipedown immediately following the sealant/wax step. My understanding is that and IPA mix is meant for removal of waxes and sealants, so you are essentially removing it immediately after applying it?...

3. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

I thought that the paint needed to be as clean as possible prior to applying sealant. Have had great results and do windows with IPA as well prior to Netshield. Thanks!!

Hoover