Nanolex Nano 1

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Sizzle Chest, May 3, 2016.

1. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Wanted to try this out for some time now. Victim was my wife's 2007 Honda CRV. Daily driver. Car was coated previously. I UWW'd the vehicle, clayed and then used Adam's finishing polish to remove the coating and touch up what small spots needed correcting.

Nano 1:

The smell/fragrance is kind of neutral. It really doesn't have a smell to my nose. Very clinical/medical IMO.
    A little bit of product goes a long way.
    Apply THIN!
    As long as it is applied thinly and not allowed to dwell very long, the removal is extremely easy. I found this out the hard way. I did the entire hood, and then got to talking for a little bit and it set up...hard! I also was a little heavy handed with the product and used way to much on the hood.

The slickness is very nice!! Reminds me of MPL. The gloss, depth, and metallic enhancement were all on par with a quality sealant.

As far as durability, beading, sheeting, etc, this will have to wait a while, although not much longer, because it's practically summer here now and the rains are coming!

Stay tuned!

2. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

Wow a finishing polish removed all of the coating. I always heard it's much harder and more of a pain to remove. I actually went to DD detailing fest this past weekend and hear Larry talking about how much he's against coatings and how he refuses to work on a car that's been coated.

3. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

^^^The car was coated about 2 years ago and was on the way out. It was an OTC coating, not a pro line coating.

The light polish did indeed remove the remainder of the coating on the vehicle and it was GTG for the Nano!

Interesting info on what Larry was saying! Very!