bmw 335is body shop clean up

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by BigDreZ28, May 29, 2016.

1. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Jedi Nuba

Have not posted in awhile...last year I slowed business down as our house was on the market. My family just moved to a lovely house with a flat driveway and a 3 car garage. Detailing has been much more enjoyable here.

I detailed this car several times before, my client got sideswiped and took his car to the body shop at his bmw dealership to be repaired.

When I booked the weekend I wanted to do a full wet sand down this side and re-opticoat the car, however a very recent incident will require another trip to the body shop. Once the fender gets replaced and wheels repaired we can do a deeper job. I took care of the major eyesores this time. Some heavier marks will be removed when I sand out orange peel. I reckon with the work that they did some defects may be underneath the clear as well so maybe 100% perfection won't be possible.

Vehicle at arrival, whole front clip still wrapped in clear film.
    [​IMG]

I did a two bucket wash and used a nanoskin to help knock down overspray and organic material. The rest of the car cleaned up easy but the passenger side needed a bit more elbow grease. Here is what the body shop left me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used carpro flash pads on my rupes 21 with the 5in backing plate on it. M100 for cutting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used the sample bottle of rupes fine polish that came with my nano ibrid I just got to refine it before wiping the car down and sealing it with Menzerna Powerlock.

The wheels which I opticoated 2 years ago seem to be holding up well apart from the curb damage they just suffered.

[​IMG]

CG6Lemon likes this.
  2. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Great recovery on some messed up paint! Love that blue and the depth you gave it is awesome!! Hope to see full restoration soon!! Good to see you have more area to work and are back at it!!

Hoover