Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by HOOVER, Aug 20, 2016.

1. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Good day!! This spring I corrected both our vehicles and sealed with Sonax Netsheild. I love that I have hardly had to do anything with the finish all summer. They stay cleaner so much longer!! I did the Blackfire Wet-Ice over Fire on my last detail, and was reading that Midnight Sun can be applied as a topper to any sealant. So I thought I would try a coat on our Focus...it really made the paint come alive and pop...looks wet!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then our 2005 Uplander with 160,000 miles..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I applied just one coat to each. If you have not tried Wet-Fire over Ice, it is truly amazing. Your kit will go a LONG way!! Have a great day fellow detailers!!

Hoover

2. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Nice. It is an easy to apply/remove beauty wax/

3. Bull6791

Bull6791 New Member

What sealant wax combo would be good for a silver car. I have a silver car.

4. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Hey Bull!! We got our Focus back in January. I used Dawn dish soap to strip the finish. Clayed to remove contaminants. Meg's Micro Fiber Correction Compound on a Meg's M/F cutting pad to correct paint. Meg's M/F Finishing Wax to bring gloss. Sealed with Sonax Netshield. I believe you truly need to start off with a striped/pure clean paint in order to bring out the best potential finish.The Blackfire Wet-Ice over Fire Kit is an investment dollar wise, but I believe you can do 15 to 20 vehicles with the kit, and simply wax a lot more than that! If you are detailing quite a bit, sell it as an upcharge and recoup your investment costs. I have been out of the detailing scene for quite a while, and now back in the game only since April I am amazed at the selection of products available. That's where I am at. Most of my detail job's are sealed with either Sonax or Menzerna Powerlock so my clients paint is looking good and protected for up to 6 months. It's fun because you get to use different products in real world testing. Powerlock is a great sealant. Clean paint first, a thin coat of Powerlock, let set 1 hour, remove and let cure 8 hours,2 thin coats of Blackfire Caranuba wax and BAM!! Looking great and protected. I hope this helps, our Silver looks amazing!!

Hoover

5. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Very nice! Like the BF twins as well as the nuba on it's own as well!