Black Lexus LS460 Paint Correction - Pro Corrections - Nashville, TN

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Pro Corrections, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Pro Corrections

Pro Corrections New Member

The owner of this vehicle was referred to me by a long time customer. He had to get some paint work done on it and noticed a bit of overspray that he wanted removed. His place didn`t have the best lighting but I could see there were some sanding marks left behind along with a ton of wash marks and swirls. He decided to do a 2 step correction (3 in some sections) to bring it back to life. I started with a thorough decontamination wash so I could see the true damage done to the paint.

After everything was taped off I did my initial cutting with a rotary and Meguiar`s wool pad using Shine Supply`s Chop Top compound. Following that, I came behind with the Rupes 21 with a microfiber pad and Classic Cut compound. I finished off with a the 21 and Classic Polish, along with several other machines. It was then wiped down twice in Throwback to remove oils from polishing. Finally, I topped it off with Signature Shine carnauba wax which was a nice break from the coating installs! Very pleased with how this one came out.

Products used:
    Shine Supply Chop Top
    Shine Supply Classic Cut
    Shine Supply Classic Polish
    Shine Supply Throwback
    Shine Supply Signature Shine carnauba wax

Tools used:
    Hitachi high speed rotary
    Rupes 21 Mark II
    Rupes iBrid Nano Long Neck

Overspray on the driver side fender

[​IMG]

Heavy overspray on driver`s rear door and quarter

[​IMG]

Sanding marks

[​IMG]

More sanding marks..I was also able to see (and read) that there was much more paint work done to the vehicle than the customer knew about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the car has seen a rough life. There was overspray on almost every panel including the aftermarket wheels. There was also sanding marks on most panels. From what I was able to tell, the roof and hood were the only pieces not repainted. Whatever body shop(s) worked on it really did some damage!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Lexus turned out quite nicely considering the condition it was in! It was a bit of a challenge but it was a fun one.

http://www.procorrections.com

http://www.facebook.com/procorrections

2. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks awesome. Those cars just scream "VIP"!

Pro Corrections likes this.
  3. denobd

denobd Virgin Detailer

Very clean.

Pro Corrections likes this.
  4. Pro Corrections

Pro Corrections New Member

Thanks!

Thanks!

5. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

I love the finished shots! What the body shops messed up you made beautiful!!! Now that is a sweet ride. Keep it going!!

Hoover

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator