debadge "porsche" on a Macan Turbo

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by wely324, Sep 27, 2016.

1. wely324

wely324 New Member

Decided to completely debadge the rear gate of my Macan Turbo. The car had the PORSCHE logo on the back and decided to change it up and go completely clean.

I first used a hair dryer and dental floss to carefully remove the letters one by one. Then I used Goo Gone to remove all the adhesive and residue. Then decontaminated the car with an autoscrub nano mitt and then finished with a IPA wipedown to prepare for polishing.

I polished the rear gate with Menzerna SF4000 and a white lake country finishing pad. Machine is a Rupes 15 mkII.

After polishing I wiped again with IPA solution and then applied Adam's Brilliant Glaze and then Liquid Paint Sealant. Will probably top it off with Americana wax once it cures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wely324

wely324 New Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3XPuFip5M

3. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Gave it a nice clean look!

4. wely324

wely324 New Member

Not 100% if I'm going to keep it fully debadged. Possibly thinking a black PORSCHE logo or Turbo logo???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

i think do either or don't do both, the Macan looks great!

6. wely324

wely324 New Member

I think the 'turbo' script logo by itself would look really nice, gonna leave her naked for now and dwell over it till I have the urge to change it up. First I need to finish polishing the whole car so it looks as good as the back gate...