Looking for fresh products

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by bigaudiofanatic, Nov 10, 2016.

1. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So my bottles of polishes are just about gone after having them for about 6 years. I see that the models have changed a lot so looking for new products. Also thinking of retiring my worn out pads as well. I have some from Lake county, and some hex logic from adams along with 2 MF cutting pads.

Here are the polishes/compounds I use now.

Menzerna FG400
    Menzerna SF4000
    Meguiars M101

I'm all ears for new pads for my Flex as well as new polishes. Also potentially getting a Rupes big foot this Christmas.

2. bigaudiofanatic

Also why are there no long ratings on a lot of products I'm looking at?

3. bigaudiofanatic

Is this forum finally dead?

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

No the forum is not dead Sir ...

I would suggest looking at the lake country force pads. These pads were designed for the 3401, but can be used on any machine. the 3401 likes thick/stiff pads and that's would I would purchase first. For cutting, Tufbuf black wool pads work great on the 3401.

As far as compounds/polishes go ... the market has a lot of decent products nowadays. What you were using is fine, but IMO, there are better products out there.

I'm liking the following products. Great results and easy to use.

1. Griots compounds/polishes. Fast correcting cream is excellent
    2. Optimum Hyper Polish (latest formula)
    3. Sonax ex 04-06
    4. Meguiars M205 and M100
    5. Scholl's S3 Gold XXL and S20 Black

Just to name a few.

5. bigaudiofanatic

Thank you, that gives me a few choices to check out. Looking for some more opinions/advise Also do you have any dusting issues with the m205

6. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I strongly suggest you check www.buffdaddy.com and his section regarding M205KBM method. You can use M205 as a compound with a rupes 21 and a megs mf pad. It works great and it doesn't create any dusting. The only dusting you are going to experience is going to be when you blow off the pad.

I know of several detailers that cut 80-90% of their cars with M205 using Kevin Brown's method.

7. bigaudiofanatic

I've heard of it being used over at AMMO. Yes when I get a big foot I'll be looking into that. Just looking at different products to get an idea for what to buy.